ACADEMIC POSITION CALL
to join Biochemical Engineering School
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso (PUCV) summons to apply for an academic position to join the School of Biochemical Engineering as a Full-Time lecturer.
The School of Biochemical Engineering is an academic unit of the Engineering Faculty at PUCV, whose mission is the training of engineers and the research and development in the field of biochemical engineering. The school has two undergraduate programs: Bioprocess Engineering and Biochemical Engineering, and postgraduate programs leading to Master and Doctoral degrees.
This call seeks to fill an academic position on the category PUCV has defined as initial for accessing the academic career. This category seeks to generate an instance to evaluate whether the person meets the conditions required for academic life, as well as his/her personal characteristics and potential to contribute to the mission of the University. This academic position also gives the new professional the possibility to carry out an appropriate learning about the institution and the corresponding academic unit. Applicants selected to fill this initial position will be able to access a permanent position after an evaluation of their teaching and research activities, after 2 to 4 years from the moment of hiring.
Through this call, PUCV offers the possibility to join one of the best universities in the country, to work in an academic group highly motivated by the study, research and development of the discipline of biochemical engineering, and to follow an academic career in an area of great impact for the economic and social development of our society.
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Applicants selected for this academic position will be mainly engaged in teaching and research activities. However, they are also expected to carry out those activities that the academic unit deems necessary, like:
- To participate as lecturer in courses associated to undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- To participate from pedagogical training activities.
- To supervise final degree projects for engineering students.
- To co-supervise postgraduate thesis.
- To join multidisciplinary research teams.
- To develop high-level research in the discipline of biochemical engineering.
- To publish in high impact journals.
- Other tasks such as: participating in accreditation processes, collaboration in management and in working commissions.